Pcgamer999

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a nub from youtube.

+4
dogbreath366
PixAlchemist
bugijs
Pcgamer999
8 posters

Recording your PC

Pcgamer999
    Pcgamer999
    Admin

Recording your PC Empty Recording your PC

Post  Pcgamer999 Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:11 am

So...you want to record your PC eh? well my friends! you've come to the right place, here I will tell you how I record my own videos, so you can do it to.

Things you need:
    Fraps. (Get it free at the end of the guide)
    Jack headphones.
    Windows movie maker/Sony Vegas. (Get it free at the end of the guide)

Let's get started.

Video capturing: To capture video from your computer i use a program called "Fraps" it cost's around $37 USD but is a lifetime subscription. It produces high quailty video but at a cost of your harddrive space, for around 10minutes of recording, you're looking around 6 - 8GB of files, but if you have the space it's well worth it. Also note, Fraps is BEST used with JACK headphones, advoid USB.

You can find Fraps at: http://www.fraps.com/

*Optional* Microphone: So I take it you now have Fraps, congratz! you're almost there, arent you the smart one. Fraps has the ability to record your microphone aswel isnt that just wonderful. Plus your JACK headphones in launch Fraps and you sahould be good to go. If you have problems with Fraps not picking up your microphone, then try this free software called "Audacity".

It can be found here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Editing: So you have your video now, well done you, we are almost at the finish line congratz! *Note* if you're using a Mac to make these videos (With i doubt) then just use the editing software that came with it. Now, nearly every PC has Windows Movie Maker and really, that's all you need. Just import your video files into WMM and save, browse around the internet looking at WMM setting, so you can produce a HQ/HD video file. For my HD editing i use "Sony Vegas 8" it's a costly program but you can get it for free if you know where to look, i'll give you info on how to get it free and the end.

Now let's say you have Sony Vegas 8 follow this video and you will now have HD settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xj8alA6yHg

Getting Sony Vegas For FREE: I know what you're saying "Owen, how can we get a £300 pound program for free?!?!?". Well, keep on reading and you'll find out how.

1) to this site: http://www.warez-bb.org/

2) Make an account

3) Go here: http://www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?t=2214271&highlight=

4) Download the software, Unpack with "Winrar" or "7Zip", install and enjoy!

Getting Fraps for FREE:

1) to this site: http://www.warez-bb.org/

2) Make an account

3) Go here: http://www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?t=2830425&highlight=

4) Download the software, Unpack with "Winrar" or "7Zip", install and enjoy!

Last edited by Pcgamer999 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total
    bugijs

Recording your PC Empty Re: Recording your PC

Post  bugijs Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROzjjIgmcGo - tutorial how to record from your speakers (so you dont need to turn your game volume up when recording so other people can hear what is going on in game.

Camtasia Studio 5 - great screen (cant record games) recorder and also great video editor you can edit you fraps filmed videos with this.
    http://files.inbox.lv/ticket/4d13a88310a0de10d49bc654add6dcea41882e15/camtasia.msi - you can download it there for free

And relay great video editor - MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 14
    i will put link later
    PixAlchemist
    PixAlchemist

Recording your PC Empty USB Headphones

Post  PixAlchemist Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:07 am

IF YOU ONLY HAVE USB HEADPHONES (like me) I suggest using a program like Audacity to record your voice, then later you can stick it to your video you made with Fraps using Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas.

Audacity is a FREE PROGRAM and can be downloaded at their website.

If you are having any problems with recording, watching this tutorial might help. If you are still having issues, feel free to PM me here or on YouTube.
    dogbreath366
    dogbreath366

Recording your PC Empty no sterio mix

Post  dogbreath366 Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:47 pm

bugij, did you know some people dont have sterio mix, if anybody has this problem follow this tut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRQzoZA8FAo
    Moose
    Moose

Post  Moose Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:27 pm

Hi, I can't get both my mic talk and the gamevolume recorded, if i select "Detect best sound input" I only get the game sound, however if I choose "Use windows input" I only get my mic talk, not the game sound. What to do? I have alredady tried to locate "Stereo Mic" and all that crap, but I apperently don't have it, I don't like the idea of using audicity or programs like that for my talk cause its to much editing work. I dont understand how you use fraps for both the commentary and the game sounds. if someone would please help me, give me a link to get dl stereo mix (if possible) or someone has had the same problem and managed to solv it, it would be much appriciated.

thank you Very Happy

~ Moose
    PixAlchemist
    PixAlchemist

Post  PixAlchemist Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Moose wrote:Hi, I can't get both my mic talk and the gamevolume recorded, if i select "Detect best sound input" I only get the game sound, however if I choose "Use windows input" I only get my mic talk, not the game sound. What to do? I have alredady tried to locate "Stereo Mic" and all that crap, but I apperently don't have it, I don't like the idea of using audicity or programs like that for my talk cause its to much editing work. I dont understand how you use fraps for both the commentary and the game sounds. if someone would please help me, give me a link to get dl stereo mix (if possible) or someone has had the same problem and managed to solv it, it would be much appriciated.

thank you Very Happy

~ Moose
    Does your mic hook up to your computer via USB? Then you have to use Audicity to record your voice. Fraps can't record USB mics for some odd reason. If you mic isn't USB then idk what is wrong. (and fyi it isn't "too much" editing work to use Audicity)
    Moose
    Moose

Post  Moose Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:08 am

No, I have a Creative fatal1ty gaming headset with a normal jack output. Also, fraps is lagging me out like shit when im in-game, anyway to fix that?
    Gabreial EKOS
    Gabreial EKOS

Post  Gabreial EKOS Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:37 am

It might be your sound card. Or it's drivers, do you have a crap computer?
    Moose
    Moose

Post  Moose Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:35 pm

Gabreial EKOS wrote:It might be your sound card. Or it's drivers, do you have a crap computer?

I don't think its my comp, I never had problems with lag before.
    But yeah, it might be the soundcard, anyway to find out if thats the problem?
    DarthSlash222
    DarthSlash222

Post  DarthSlash222 Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:34 am

Moose wrote:Hi, I can't get both my mic talk and the gamevolume recorded, if i select "Detect best sound input" I only get the game sound, however if I choose "Use windows input" I only get my mic talk, not the game sound. What to do? I have alredady tried to locate "Stereo Mic" and all that crap, but I apperently don't have it, I don't like the idea of using audicity or programs like that for my talk cause its to much editing work. I dont understand how you use fraps for both the commentary and the game sounds. if someone would please help me, give me a link to get dl stereo mix (if possible) or someone has had the same problem and managed to solv it, it would be much appriciated.

thank you Very Happy

~ Moose
    i had this problem before on my old PC and got it fixed:
    1st in FRAPS choose best output(that goes for playback audio)
    2nd go to volume control that little speaker in bottom right corner right click on it and choose volume control
    3rd in volume control under Options go to Properties and under playback find mic volume(or something like that) and enable it(u can test it by talking to ur mic so u can hear yourself anywhere
    4th(optional)if u have Advanced controls enabled go to advanced below mic volume and turn on microphone boost
    believe me thats how its done
    DigitalHawk
    DigitalHawk

Post  DigitalHawk Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:10 pm

thank you Very Happy

~ Moose

Double click the sound icon on the bottom right of your screen,it'll bring up the Volume control. Click "Options" then "Properties". Click "Recording" and make sure "Stereo Mix" and "Microphone" are checked. If you can't find one of them, your sound card doesn't support it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 am